Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 19:19:13 +0000
From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: iproute2 & other software

Hi All,

Stephen (iproute2) sent me a mail telling me that he rejected my patch to
iproute2 for musl support:

1st reply:
"
I was waiting for others who had more to say on this.
Ok with providing small fixes, but can't really guarantee iproute to
work with other libraries.
"

& 2nd is :
"
Sorry, I have to reject this.
All include files in include/linux come from headers automatically
generated from upstream
Linux source. This is the only way to ensure long term ABI/API consistency
with kernel.

Either fix musl or submit patches to upstream kernel and get them merged.
"

Can we look into providing somekind of compatibility layer for header files
so that it's easier to get upstream projects like iproute2 to support musl ?

Kind regards,
//Logan
C-x-C-c

Content of type "text/html" skipped