Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 10:43:39 +0300
From: Timo Teras <timo.teras@....fi>
To: u-uy74@...ey.se
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl bug or not, real or not? (Was: Update:
 pthread_getattr_np() vs explicit runtime) loader

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 09:27:54 +0200
u-uy74@...ey.se wrote:

> > I think you really need to find a way to use what debugging tools
> > you have to figure out what's going on and where the actual source
> > of the crash is.
>
> Pretty remarkably, neither my usual gdb nor Debian's current gdb were
> able to make sence of the crashes. Probably the thread states became
> messed up too badly.
>
> Fortunately I do not think any longer that musl is the culprit, nor do
> I actually need gcj, otherwise have a workaround. Will not pursue this
> issue further.
>
> Thanks for your feedback, sorry for the noise.

gcj uses boehm-gc. Alpine has patches for gcc boehm-gc. We are also
patching gcc's gcj. You can see our full patch set at:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/main/gcc

Some of these may or may not fix the issue you have at had. Not sure
how your gcc/gcj is built.

/Timo