Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 14:00:15 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: linux/vt.h

On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 06:01:30AM -0700, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 5:27 AM, vlse <vlse@...ra.biz> wrote:
> >>In order to use these, you need to have kernel headers installed.
> >>There are several ways to get them, but the easiest is the way
> >>provided by the kernel:
> >
> >>https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kbuild/headers_install.txt
> >
> > But the vanilla kernel headers/source are not properly adapted for
> > musl; is'nt it. Or has it changed with musl and we can use the
> > vanilla kernel sources from www.kernel.org.
> >
> > But then why do sabotage uses modified/adapted kernel headers.
>
> Good question. Conventional wisdom states that one must keep the
> headers glibc was compiled against, not the headers of the current
> kernel, but the why is never explained. Does it apply here (with
> s/glibc/musl)?

This does not apply whatsoever to musl since musl does not use kernel
headers at all -- unless you want to count the few wrappers in sys/*.h
which this thread is about, but musl is not actually "using" the
kernel headers here, just helping applications that use the official
<sys/*.h> includes find the kernel headers for their own use.