Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 16:16:12 +0800
From: 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo)  <luoyonggang@...il.com>
To: james@...esmcnellis.com, musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Hi James McNellis

Does Microsoft has any plan to open source  Universal CRT?
I am interested in building a POSIX layer on Universal CRT by the
lightweight www.musl-libc.org, musl is licensed under MIT, so that's
would be good.

The main reason to building such a layer is to ease the Open Source
world for porting things to
Window, at the current state, the ms c runtime is ANSI api, and not UTF8 api,
and that makes a lot problems for open source community,
And a lots of opensource libs are based on posix api, that's
make those libs porting to win32 are really frustrated.
So I am interested to port musl to win32 and making the open source
world more happy.

--
         此致
礼