Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 15:44:33 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Funding musl development via Patreon

You can now fund musl development through the crowdfunding site
Patreon:

    http://www.patreon.com/musl

Unlike Kickstarter and most other crowdfunding platforms, Patreon
takes a recurring pledge from each sponsor, which is automatically
charged at the beginning of each month until you choose to stop. This
provides a sustainable revenue stream which will make it possible to
spend more time on musl development and advancing related goals, and
less on fundraising and unrelated work to meet expenses.

So if you're using musl and want to help musl keep getting better,
please consider becoming a sponsor. The average donation through the
Patreon platform is $5-$10/month, but even a dollar shows you care,
and lots of little donations add up.

I also have some special "rewards" at the higher contribution levels:

$32 - Credit as a "release sponsor" along with release announcements
      for releases made during the period of sponsorship.

$80 - Up to 2 hours of private (off-list) support via email.
      This is a special limited-time rate.

And I'm working out the details on adding some corporate sponsorship
levels designed to offer something of value to sponsors while
specifically avoiding any compromise to the independence of
development and maintenance decisions for the project.

One thing I'd like to be very clear and open about: At this point,
funding musl development via Patreon is essentially funding my
maintainership and personal development on the project. Nonetheless,
we have some awesome contributors, both in term of code (roughly 12%
by commit volume coming from authors other than myself) and countless
hours spent debugging, testing packages, and getting us to the point
where an overwhelming portion of mainstream software is usable with
musl. I hope at some point the funding this project gets will be
sufficient to share a meaningful amount with other major contributors,
and right away I'm offering to announce and link to the fundraising
efforts (Patreon or otherwise) of any major contributor intending to
spend funds raised to facilitate their continuted contributions to
improving musl.

Thanks to everyone for your interest in the project and for your
support, monetary or otherwise.