Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 20:38:49 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: static build and dlopen

On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 01:38:55AM +0200, piranna@...il.com wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, I have been busy these days.
>
> First of all, you were right: It possible to use dynamically linked
> executables for PID 1, seems I was missing one of the libraries
> (probably /lib/ld-linux.so.2... :-/ ).

A heads-up: This should not exist if you're using musl. If it seems to
be needed, you incorrectly linked against glibc, not musl, or possibly
even a mix of the two, and stuff is likely to break very badly. The
musl dynamic linker is named /lib/ld-musl-$(ARCH).so.1 where $(ARCH)
would be i386 or x86_64 for 32- or 64-bit x86 systems, and something
like mips, mipsel, arm, armhf, etc. for other common systems.