Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 22:17:17 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: Khem Raj <raj.khem@...il.com>
Cc: Paul Barker <paul@...lbarker.me.uk>,
	Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer <openembedded-core@...ts.openembedded.org>,
	openembeded-devel <Openembedded-devel@...ts.openembedded.org>,
	"yocto@...toproject.org" <yocto@...toproject.org>,
	musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: [OE-core] Announcing meta-musl OE/Yocto layer
 supporting musl C library

* Khem Raj <raj.khem@...il.com> [2014-08-18 12:04:54 -0700]:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Paul Barker <paul@...lbarker.me.uk> wrote:
> >> >
> > I've put the failing "log.do_compile" files into one directory which is 1.3MB
> > uncompressed or just 41kB compressed. I've posted them to:
> >   http://www.paulbarker.me.uk/musl-error-logs_2014-08-18/
> >   http://www.paulbarker.me.uk/musl-error-logs_2014-08-18/musl-error-logs_2014-08-18.tar.xz

i looked at the logs

i think most of the issues already have fixes in alpinelinux or
sabotage, they should be pushed upstream if they are not there yet

common errors and recommended fixes:

findutils
gzip
	old gnulib with broken freadahead, newer gnulib works with musl

libtirpc
pax
	sys/cdefs.h, application should be fixed not to use it

logrotate
	sys/queue.h, missing from musl, ship queue.h with app source

e2fsprogs
ethtool:
	use of __uint64_t, __uint32_t (non-conforming, use standard types)
libnfsidmap
	use of u_int32_t (without including sys/types.h)

procps
psmisc
	undefined PATH_MAX (missing limits.h include)

mc:
	undefined CTRL(x) (missing sys/ttydefaults.h include)
	glibc includes sys/ttydefaults.h into termios.h, musl doesnt

cronie
	undefined MAXNAMLEN, musl has it in sys/param.h

at
	undefied __isleap
	glibc time.h has # define __isleap(year) \
	((year) % 4 == 0 && ((year) % 100 != 0 || (year) % 400 == 0))

elfutils
	error.h, musl does not have this

sysklogd
iptables
	include incompatible linux headers (+ various other issues)
	probably harder to fix

sudo:
	the build command helpfully redirected the compiler output to /dev/null