Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 13:56:17 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl 1.0.x branch

I'm about to prepare the 1.0.3 release, and I've been thinking a bit
about the future of the 1.0.x branch. Specifically I'd like to gauge
the extent to which it's being used. So far cherry-picking fixes to it
has been pretty easy, but it's an extra task to keep up with, and the
cherry-picking is probably going to turn into active backporting
somewhere in the near future as the rs-1.0 and master branches
continue to diverge.

If I don't hear back that there's significant use of the 1.0.x
releases by multiple projects, I'll probably plan to discontinue them
in the next 4 to 6 months, and in the mean time, to release only when
there are serious bugs (as opposed to releasing alongside every 1.1.x
release). Does this sound reasonable?

If anyone's using 1.0.x not for the sake of stability but because it
works better in some way for your setup (e.g. size, performance,
application compatibility, etc.) please let me know about that too so
we can see if there's a reasonable way to make 1.1.x work just as well
for you.