Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 20:54:09 +0000
From: u-igbb@...ey.se
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: malloc not behaving well when brk space is limited?

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 04:25:54PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> I have in mind a solution which may work as a real fix, not just a
> workaround. If it works out, it will probably make it into the 1.1.x
> series first, but it should apply cleanly to 1.0.0.

This sounds great.

> I'm pretty busy with some other work right now so it'll be at least
> a few days before I really get started on it I think.

That's alright. I have got a workaround sufficient to continue
the building and testing but I will not commit/publish the built
applications yet.

When a more tolerable malloc arrives I can rebuild from the beginning and
only then commit to production the resulting, proper and reconfigurable
incarnation. Nice.

Tell me when you might need testing.

Thanks Rich!

Rune