Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 13:04:13 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: syslog() always sends GMT timestamps

* Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> [2014-01-29 23:33:44 -0500]:
> So really this is a matter you could pretty easily change locally, but
> where for correctness and robustness the change isn't acceptable
> upstream. If you (or others) still have interest in trying to get
> syslog with local time upstream, we'll need to have a discussion on
> how it could be done safely.

btw currently syslog does not print year so even if
at a later point one tries to parse the date and
display it in local time it will be hard to do so

imo the standard timestamp format is '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'
(maybe with T instead of space, but that's less readable)
it is a bit longer than the current one, but at least
clear, not nl_langinfo dependent (in case someone adds
LC_TIME support for other languages) and reversible

(the real iso8601/rfc3339 standard is '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ')