Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 19:09:05 +0000
From: Raphael Cohn <raphael.cohn@...rmmq.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: _PATH_LASTLOG

Ta.

Would it be possible to have the "/dev/null/xxx" paths' values as an option
to ./configure?

Actually, it would be very useful to be able to ./configure all the other
hard coded paths in musl, eg the default dynamlic linker search path. When
running with a setup like Nixos, or the like, these paths need to be
different. Of course, one can patch, but that's not sustainable in the long
run.

Please?

On 3 December 2013 18:42, Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net> wrote:

> * Raphael Cohn <raphael.cohn@...rmmq.com> [2013-12-03 17:44:04 +0000]:
> > I'm trying to compile linux-pam 1.1.8 using musl-cross, and I've hit a
> > compilation error in  modules/pam_lastlog/pam_lastlog.c
> >
> > Essentially, this code includes the clib utmp.h (based on HAVE_UTMP_H)
> and
> > then assumes _PATH_LASTLOG is defined.
> >
> > utmp.h doesn't define this macro, but does define _PATH_UTMP and
> > _PATH_WTMP. Should it? (And why are they set to /dev/null/xxx )?
>
> the utmp business should be added to the faq..
> and probably to the differences compared to glibc page as well
>
> utmp.h was never part of any standard so it can contain anything
> it could include paths.h (all the macros there are in the reserved
> name space anyway), glibc does include paths.h there and the bsds
> define _PATH_LASTLOG
>
> the musl paths.h has _PATH_LASTLOG defined twice
>
> the "/dev/null/xxx" is a file that's guaranteed to fail to get
> opened or unlinked

Content of type "text/html" skipped