Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 00:38:33 -0400
From: Zvi Gilboa <zg7s@...rvices.virginia.edu>
To: <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: question: hard-coded file descriptors in stdin/stdout/stderr

 >> My concern isn't that you'll succeed or fail either way, it's that
in trying to do it you'll mess up the nice clean Linux C library Rich
has made by forcing a bunch of non-posix assumptions on it.

No need to worry, I shall never do something like that.  As mentioned a
couple of days ago, my library is written so that all additions to musl
will take place in the form of architecture-specific sub-folders, as is
the case today with mips, x86_64, etc.

 >> This assumption that started this thread is a perfect example... so
musl relying on what posix said _is_ what you were objecting to.

Not really an assumption, just an attempt to better understand things.
The answers I received were enlightening and very useful, and thus saved
me a lot of time.  I also do not recall trying to object to the current
musl implementation, hence the use of question marks and the subjunctive
mood in my original post:)

 >> I don't understand why this new approach thinks it won't encounter
the problems of either previous project. I'd wait to see code...

You know, sometimes dreams come true.  Maybe mine will be one of them.

ZG