Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 17:03:24 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Status of 1.0 wishlist items?

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 06:59:37PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> Features wanted:
> - Zoneinfo support.

I've begun looking at the file format again and it seems simple
enough.

> - Korean, HK, and Taiwan legacy charset decoding in iconv.
> - Stateful legacy charset decoding (ISO-2022) (undecided).

Haven't looked at these yet.

> Source-level compatibility goals:
> - LAMP stack

I'm guessing we may still have some issues here with mysql and perhaps
Apache. The other components work, I believe..

> - OpenWRT

Aside from the soft-float kernel issue, it sounds like OpenWRT is
working. Is this true?

> - GUI stacks (GTK3, Qt, Webkit, deps like Pango, Cairo, etc.)

As far as I know, these are working. Am I right?

> - Wine (?)

No idea.

> - Development stack (GCC, LLVM/clang, GDB, strace, ...)

Has anybody built LLVM/clang on musl? I believe the set of patches
needed for GDB has been reduced quite a bit now, but I'm not sure what
the status on strace is...

> - Xorg (with actual drivers)

What issues are remaining here? This is probably the single most
important compatibility problem we've got.

> - LFS stack (minus possibly some useless stuff)

No idea.

> - QEMU

My understanding is that QEMU is working now, with minimal or no
patching. Is this right?

> - SIP/VOIP/telephony (PJSIP, Asterisk?, ...)

Haven't experimented with it at all yet.

> - Multimedia (FFmpeg/libav/x264/etc.)

Unless there have been regressions, this stuff should all be working,
but it would be nice to check.

Reports would be very helpful.