Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 05:38:05 +0100
From: Jens Staal <staal1978@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Summary of 1.0 marketing plan/scheme/nefarious plot from IRC.

torsdagen den 29 november 2012 14.50.03 skrev  Rob Landley:
>      - works well with android kernel, installs side-by-side with
> bionic,
>        static links well, doesn't introduce any new licensing issues,
>        provides full posix environment, active and responsive dev
> community.
>    - paper magazines
>      - long shot, but if you send a press release to pc magazine and
> computerworld
>        and such explaining how musl might help android bridge the gap
> between phones
>        and the desktop they might write a "will android bridge the gap
> between phones
>        and the desktop" article mentioning musl.

I like this idea :) and I do believe that the CyanogenMod community might be a
nice start (although my feeling is that it seems somewhat disorganized with
downloads from weird file-sharing sites and forum posts - my experience with
the custom builds has however been very positive).

Another project that might be interested is the Zshaolin project. They build
an impressive ammount of linux tools for Android. I just tried with "ldd zsh"
on my phone, but that did unfortunately no work (ldd is missing) so I am not
sure how they built them at the moment - most likely with glibc.