Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 22:37:58 -0800
From: Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>
To: pcc-list@...d.ltu.se
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Current pcc does not understand  #pragma after whitespace

Hello all,
I tried building musl (0.9.8) with pcc (the Nov. 9 version) and found that it failed to build. After a bit of testing, I discovered that
       #pragma ... /*in src/fenv/feupdateenv.c */
was breaking the buld because of the whitespace preceding the #pragma directive.
I've attached a workaround in musl.
Would it be possible to fix this in pcc? I suspect that a number of programs don't expect this...

Other files affected are src/math/fma*.c & src/math/nearbyint*.c

Once I patch that, build time (time make >/dev/null; agrees with the clock) for a full shared + static set comes out to ~1 min:
$ time make >/dev/null

real    0m56.694s
user    0m26.797s
sys     0m25.470s

And the shared library works.

--
Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>

View attachment "pragmas.diff" of type "text/x-diff" (2344 bytes)