Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:17:21 +0200
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Pending issues for release

On 10/19/2012 04:17 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 02:29:57PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
>> - dl_iterate_phdr patch (npx)
>> - sigreturn(?) and other issues npx wanted for unwinding
> Waiting on npx for these.
we haven't heard from npx for quite some time; maybe we can skip that
for the next release ?

>> - integrating the configure patch for better pcc support
> I will commit the tryldflag changes as-is, but the libpcc search needs
> improvement.
>
>> - inline syscalls for microblaze
> Done.
>
>> - explicit mips soft-float abi support (mainly for use with broken
>>    openwrt kernels)
> Still need to figure out how best to do this...

i think this one is also not critical for this release, and can be
postponed.

>> - make endian.h more robust for opposite-endian builds (mipsel, armeb)
> Done.
>
>> And a few other things that might make it in, if I get around to them:
>>
>> - fenv support on mips and microblaze
> Done on mips; microblaze does not seem to have working hard-float.
>
>> - additional use of vfork (system, popen, wordexp, etc.)
> Mostly done. wordexp remains, and should possibly be reworked to use
> popen or posix_spawn as its backend to avoid code duplication.

what's the current status on this one ?
>> - subarchs in build system (e.g. mips-softfloat, arm-hardfloat, etc.)
> Still unsure how best to do this.

introducing this right before a release could cause unexpected breakage;
imo we should postpone this as well.

i hope for the release to come out soon, to experiment with the new TLS
support in qemu.