Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 23:13:44 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: microblaze: big endian or little endian (or both)?

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 08:05:41PM -0700, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> I'm trying to get stuff set up to run microblaze musl (first user
> emulation, then system emulation if all goes well).
>
> Anyhow, I'm wondering about whether to just use microblaze or if
> microblazeel should work also (configure only says microblaze-*
> which seems to imply that only the BE version is supported).

I don't see any reason little endian wouldn't work; I wasn't aware
that it even existed. Aside from some workarounds for kernel struct
layout and other ugly ABI issues on some archs, musl is completely
endian-agnostic.

> Other than that, I have a few random thoughts on microblaze systems
> to experiment with:
>
> 1. The xldk git repos have initrds for microblaze; if you inject
> musl binaries in there, how does that work in qemu?

Haven't tried. I'd really rather figure out how to get rootfs-on-9p
working and use that for all my qemu-system experimentation.

> 2. Apparently it's possible (just barely) to get a Linux-capable
> microblaze design onto a Spartan 6, which runs ~$90...

Nice. Any idea what the performance is like?