Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 02:19:05 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: capset() capget() syscalls

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 01:51:18PM +0200, igmar@...palsenberg.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached patch adds types to the existing syscalls, and defines the
> types in the header. All CAP_* defines are also added.

I'm curious what applications expect this header and definitions.
glibc does not have such a header. My impression is that it might have
existed at some point but that it was removed a long time ago, and
that any use of capabilities without libcap (which presumably contains
its own copy of the definitions for interfacing with the kernel) was
long ago deprecated.

Can you clear these issues up?