Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:48:16 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ldso: dlclose.

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 02:39:38PM +0200, Arvid E. Picciani wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 20:48:03 -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
>
> >To elaborate, removing a DSO from a process's address space is highly
> >non-trivial and error-prone.
>
> In fact it doesn't even work correctly in glibc.
> It's just that usually no one notices.

Indeed, and they closed my bug report about it as invalid. I've
refiled the bug with binutils, which has the -z nodelete option,
requesting that this option be made default. Only libraries
intentionally marked as unload-safe should be unloadable.

Anyway, unless the issue is fixed in binutils so that the vast
majority of libraries are marked non-unloadable, I don't see anything
we can do in musl. "glibc does it that way too" is not an excuse for
adding unsafe/non-robust behavior to musl.