Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 12:18:26 -0400
From: William Haddon <william@...donthethird.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Help-wanted tasks for musl

On 08/19/2012 04:10 AM, idunham@...abit.com wrote:
> I look at this once in a while already, but now that I've done a little
> repartitioning, should be able to do a little more...
> Just for a brief overview of a few things:
> -SDL: patches haven't been merged
> -There are at least a dozen packages that should be building, per my own
> tests without pkgsrc, but aren't.
> -e2fsprogs provides libcomerr, so I suspect blocks zephyr, which blocks
> libpurple/pidgin/...

I have successfully built e2fsprogs on musl without patching using

CFLAGS=-D_GNU_SOURCE ../src/configure --disable-tls --disable-nls
--disable-uuidd --disable-fsck \
--disable-e2initrd-helper --disable-defrag --enable-symlink-install
--enable-elf-shlibs

The result includes e2fsck and libcom_err. Some of the "--disable"s are
there because I didn't want various features rather than because they
didn't compile, but I don't remember which is which. Most of them can
probably be removed. I do know that --disable-defrag is necessary
because the e4defrag program doesn't compile on musl. However it can be
made to compile by replacing all the instances of loff_t with off64_t
and adding a wrapper for the mincore syscall.

- Will Haddon