Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 20:39:52 -0400
From: Gregor Richards <gr@...due.edu>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl cross compilers

By way of introduction since I'm not much for mailing lists (I usually
hang out on IRC), I will gibber incoherently at all of you by mentioning
my musl-cross project, which is a simple set of scripts for building
cross compilers, now excised from a larger distro project:

http://bitbucket.org/GregorR/musl-cross

It includes patches against binutils and GCC for them to recognize
-linux-musl as a distinct target from -linux-gnu (yes, this is useful...
please don't make me argue again why this is useful...) as well as
scripts to get complete cross compilers up and running. Personally I
find it most reliable to use a cross compiler rather than musl-gcc even
for building against the native arch.

Additionally that project provides downloads of premade cross compilers,
themselves built statically against musl so they'll work on any Linux
system. These I imagine are broadly useful, in particular because this
includes ARM targets:

http://bitbucket.org/GregorR/musl-cross/downloads

Finally, for those wishing to use the scripts in other projects, it is
of course all available publicly through hg, but additionally, if you
have a git project and want git submodules, it is mirrored automatically
to git:

http://github.com/GregorR/musl-cross

With valediction,
  - Gregor Richards