Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 09:43:41 +0200
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Reuben Thomas <rrt@...d.org>
Subject: Re: printf POSIX compliance

On 06/08/2012 06:37 PM, Reuben Thomas wrote:
> On 8 June 2012 17:38, John Spencer<maillist-musl@...fooze.de>  wrote:
>> i was recently following a conversation in #gdb where GNU people (!) were
>> trying to update gnulib and failed...
> That's odd. I have gnulib as a submodule of my project (GNU Zile), and
> to update it I cd into the gnulib directory and do "git up" followed
> by committing the new revision of the submodule. Usually takes me
> rather less than 5 hours!

apparently it gets hard when you dont update it frequently.

here's the relevant extract of the discussion

Apr 19 17:43:04 <brobecke>      wow, that gnulib thing is a lot more
effort than I thought. Gotta send big thanks to palves for doing it.
Apr 19 17:44:17 <tromey>        one reason we should maybe update gnulib
more frequently is that if we wait too long, it is harder to do
Apr 19 17:44:36 <palves>        I had no idea when I started either :-P

[... 5 hours later ...]

Apr 19 22:45:35 <palves>        yay, gnulib patch in, I can finally
start my week's plan :-D