Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 15:55:34 +0200
From: "gs@...3.at" <gs@...3.at>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
Subject: Re: Call for musl-based distro blurbs

On 05/26/2012 01:22 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm planning to overhaul the musl website soon, and I'd like to
> include information on all distros/projects using musl. This will
> serve both to demonstrate musl's completeness and get some attention
> for projects based on musl. Supposedly everyone in #musl has a distro,
> so by now that should be quite a lot... ;-)
>
> Some things that would be good to include in a description of your
> projects would be the basic idea, what makes it unique, what new
> concepts/features/tools it's based on (e.g. package manager or build
> automation), the number of packages included or successfully built on
> it, etc.
>
> No definite ETA yet but I'll probably get the new website up somewhere
> between 0.9.1 and 0.9.2, assuming 0.9.1 doesn't run into any nasty
> release issues that require a quick 0.9.2 to replace it...
>
> Rich

here's the blob for https://github.com/rofl0r/sabotage

"this sabotage fork aims to stay up to date, and keep the core base
system (busybox, development tools) statically compiled. it uses a
hardened kernel and has experimental Xfbdev support. the package manager
was written from scratch in C and aims to provide a parallel build
experience. there are a couple of tweaks applied to make the whole
system build in less than 40 minutes on a 8-core machine. the package
manager allows to customize the build process using templates (possible
use cases: automatic binary package generation, usage of a custom
prefix...)"

--JS