Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:10:12 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl 0.8.7 release announcement

Hi all,

The big things in this release are C++ support and a
basically-complete C99 math library, thanks to nsz! Some details still
need improvement, but I'd rate the math library quality as "well above
average" already. The release announcement:

  C++ support with g++/libstdc++ (requires minor fixes for glibc
  dependencies in libstdc++). New C99 math library (float, long
  double, complex, etc.) based on FreeBSD and OpenBSD code. Working
  floating point environment on i386 and x86_64. Many bugfixes and
  compatibility improvements for builting slightly-nonportable
  programs against musl.

  http://www.etalabs.net/musl/releases/musl-0.8.7.tar.gz

As for building g++/libstdc++ for use with musl, the key change you
have to make is replacing the libstdc++-v3/config/os/gnu-linux
directory's contents with the contents of
libstdc++-v3/config/os/generic (portable C versions instead of
glibc-specific code). Really this should be part of the configure
script's job, rather than hard-coding glibc assumptions.

>From here on out, the 0.8.7 series will be mostly fixes to existing
code. Areas of focus will be syncing TRE (regex) to the latest
upstream (for technical and license reasons), syncing wctype functions
to the latest Unicode standard, and overhauling floating point parsing
(stdtod, etc.). I also plan to add the last few missing ISO C and
POSIX functions such as strfmon.

If you're trying to use C++ with musl 0.8.7 and having problems,
please find us on Freenode #musl or write to this list in a new thread
and either I or members of the community will be happy to help (and
possibly diagnose problems in musl, if there are any).

Cheers,