Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 19:21:59 +0200
From: Luka Marčetić <paxcoder@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New daily reports - nothing

On 08/10/2011 04:25 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
>> Wait. I've removed sqrtl dependency from alloc.c (I think I
> This kind of thing (not making tests depend on completely unrelated
> functionality) is the most important since it also relates to
> correctness (we don't want bugs in functionality X to impact the
> results of tests for functionality Y).

I thought I used sqrtl there rather cunningly there: Now it just does
calloc(8, BIG/8+1), but then what it did was ~calloc(√BIG, √BIG). My
reasoning was: If BIG/8 was judged to be too long by the implementation
(like yours), the former would fails by default, whereas in the latter
case, it still only fails if the implementation mishandles products of
the multiplication. I'm aware of the problem of dependencies though -
that's why I'm documenting them.

>> committed that, not sure), but does this mean you also want me to
>> comment out monetary.h header, and its function's test from buf.c?
> [...] configure script [...]
> for now it might be the best to have a simple #ifdef so this test
> could be disabled from the makefile settings.

Luka

Content of type "text/html" skipped