Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:25:00 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New daily reports - nothing

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 02:44:36PM +0200, Luka Marčetić wrote:
> On 08/10/2011 06:59 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> >3. Cleaning up the build system and source to make sure it builds
> >without modification (except perhaps CFLAGS tweaks) on fairly recent
> >glibc and musl version.
>
> Wait. I've removed sqrtl dependency from alloc.c (I think I

This kind of thing (not making tests depend on completely unrelated
functionality) is the most important since it also relates to
correctness (we don't want bugs in functionality X to impact the
results of tests for functionality Y).

> committed that, not sure), but does this mean you also want me to
> comment out monetary.h header, and its function's test from buf.c?

I hadn't thought too much about that. Ideally musl would have just had
strfmon (or at least a stub for it) since a long time ago, but I never
ran into anything that needed it.

I'm not sure what the best thing for cluts to do at this stage is. In
the long term, I'd like to have either a configure script or something
in the build system whereby tests that can't build are automatically
excluded (without excluding other related tests that could build) but
for now it might be the best to have a simple #ifdef so this test
could be disabled from the makefile settings.