Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 22:20:24 +0200
From: Luka Marčetić <paxcoder@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cluts makefiles

On 08/09/2011 06:11 PM, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
>> Hunk #1 FAILED at 7.
>> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file a/Makefile.rej
> You should use "-p1".  With -p0 patch doesn't remove any prefix
> directories and tries to change files b/defines.mk and similar.

Where should this be run? I tried root where a/ and b/ are, and also in
the b/ itself. In both cases, the same thing happens. Maybe it is me who
messed up line 7 now, I don't know. :-/

>>> 2) Used gcc's ability to identify dependencies.
>> Do others free compilers support nr 2?
> Hmm, not sure.  I think it is gcc specific thing.

Ideally, I'd use the standard make, but I'm a make noob, so I use the
GNU one. However, I would deprecate a dependency on gcc - I want my C99
code to be compilable with any C99-compliant compiler. If you manage to
remove the dependency on gcc (and instruct me how to apply the patch),
I'll certainly prefer the right(tm) way to build things.

>>> b) SA_NODEFER is undefined in all .c.
>> It should be defined in signal.h. Alexander had problems with this.
> The target system is Ubuntu 10.04, glibc-2.10-1, gcc 4.4.3-4ubuntu5.

Granted, I use kinda beta software (Debian Sid here), but I don't think
that's it. Did you try the POSIX flag?
Thanks again.
Luka