Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 01:34:18 +0200
From: "gs@...3.at" <gs@...3.at>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl path

> By the way, I'm thinking of moving the gcc wrapper to a separate
> repository/tarball along with improving it, at some point in the near
> future. I don't really like the clutter of having it
> distributed/installed with musl, and as a separate standalone tool I
> could make it work with uclibc and other libcs as well..
>
> I'd welcome comments from users who like or dislike this idea.
improving the wrapper and supporting additional libc's sounds like a
good thing.
tho having the wrapper automatically installed with the right paths set
is also good.
i'd continue providing the wrapper with musl for now, since a newer
version of the wrapper may not be compatible with an older musl version.
also new users would have to configure two things instead of one.