Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:25:51 +0200
From: Luka Marčetić <paxcoder@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cluts review

On 07/13/2011 03:38 PM, Rich Felker wrote:

> Since the tests are
> testing a POSIX environment, -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200809L (or even
> -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700) should be in the CFLAGS.

How about I just put define POSIX_C_SOURCE 200809L everywhere in the
header, that should do the trick, right? If I put it as a flag, it might
not be clear to someone who just yanks a test collection/source file out
of the suite. *shrugs*

>> -    act.sa_flags   = SA_NODEFER;
>> +    act.sa_flags   = 0;
> This was being used as part of the longjmp trick.

Can you remind me what this does exactly? I can't remember anymore,
seemed to me it really was not needed. man says so as to not prevent the
signal handler from (paraphrasing:) calling a signal itself. I don't
need this, but you probably suggested it for some other reason then.
Please do remind me. Thanks.

> By the way, there are a lot of warnings about local vars potentially
> clobbered by longjmp. Those are worth checking out. I found gcc was
> pretty strict about breaking my code in the dynamic linker when I
> broke the rules for longjmp...

These result from the -02 parameter. -Wall and -Wextra should report
nothing. I checked buf.c for clobbering, and corrected what was
necessary. There might be some other files where the same is needed,
will look into then.

> *asprintf is not portable because it's a GNU extension, but it's
> trivial to implement it as a wrapper for vsnprintf which is standard.
> See the code in musl for an example of how to do it.

Oh. That might be why I haven't heard of it. Well, I am using the other
one for sreturnf...
Thanks
Luka.