Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 22:59:08 +0700
From: JIghtuse <jightuse@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: malloc testing (was: Simple testing task - string functions)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [musl] Simple testing task - string functions
Date: 	Sun, 10 Apr 2011 22:25:59 +0700
From: 	JIghtuse <jightuse@...il.com>
To: 	musl@...ts.openwall.com

I have some questions about my task. I've written a program to test
malloc() function of musl. But..
1. Can I use standart rand() and srand() functions to generate random
size of allocated memory chunks, or I must to write another one random
number generator?
2.

Write a program which loops many times allocating and freeing memory

So, when my program must to free memory? If it freeing just after its
allocating, it always gets one chunk of memory. And how to define
maximum size of memory chunk? I define it as MAX_SIZE / 1000, where
MAX_SIZE is a maximum total allocated amount (about 8 * 10^8). Is it
correctly?
3. I decided to generate a fragmentation diagram as a .dat file for
plotting by gnuplot. Are you satisfied with it, or maybe write it as a
simple text file with pseudo-graphic diagram?
Thanks. I await your reply.

UPD. I'm sorry for mixed tho threads, its really bad.
--
Sincerely yours, JIghtuse.

Content of type "text/html" skipped