Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 20:51:52 +0200
From: Mikhail Morfikov <mmorfikov@...il.com>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Debian packaging

On 21/06/2020 19:48, Solar Designer wrote:
> Mikhail,
>
> I notice you describe packaging of LKRG for Debian in your blog post
> (in Polish, which I don't fully understand):
>
> https://morfikov.github.io/post/modul-lkrg-linux-kernel-runtime-guard/
>
> Do you want to possibly maintain a Debian package of LKRG for others?
> Maybe maintain a debian/ subdirectory in our upstream LKRG tree?
>
> There's currently a Debian package in Whonix, but there's no intent to
> bring that into Debian proper.
>
> Would you want to get your package into Debian proper and maintain it in
> there?  As discussed with Patrick of Whonix, an issue with that is that
> there won't be a way to update to new upstream versions in stable Debian
> branches, so any LKRG bugs would either end up staying intact there or
> would need back-ports of fixes for, which someone would need to work on.
>
> Alexander

Basically it's the source + the debian/ dir, as it's just a DKMS module, and
it's not a hard task to maintain it. The problem is I don't really know how to
push it into Debian repository and maintain it there. I could maintain the
debian/ dir here, as I already prepared it for building a .deb package via
pbuilder/dpkg-buildpackage, and it builds nicely.

I included the debian/ dir, so you can take a look at it.

Download attachment "lkrg_0.7+git20200619-1.debian.tar.xz" of type "application/x-xz" (4756 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (229 bytes)