Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 19:48:25 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Debian packaging

Mikhail,

I notice you describe packaging of LKRG for Debian in your blog post
(in Polish, which I don't fully understand):

https://morfikov.github.io/post/modul-lkrg-linux-kernel-runtime-guard/

Do you want to possibly maintain a Debian package of LKRG for others?
Maybe maintain a debian/ subdirectory in our upstream LKRG tree?

There's currently a Debian package in Whonix, but there's no intent to
bring that into Debian proper.

Would you want to get your package into Debian proper and maintain it in
there?  As discussed with Patrick of Whonix, an issue with that is that
there won't be a way to update to new upstream versions in stable Debian
branches, so any LKRG bugs would either end up staying intact there or
would need back-ports of fixes for, which someone would need to work on.

Alexander