Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 09:24:35 +0200
From: Alexander Potapenko <glider@...gle.com>
To: Marco Elver <elver@...gle.com>
Cc: Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@...gle.com>, Jann Horn <jannh@...gle.com>,
	Kernel Hardening <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>, Christoph Lameter <cl@...ux.com>,
	Pekka Enberg <penberg@...nel.org>, David Rientjes <rientjes@...gle.com>,
	Joonsoo Kim <iamjoonsoo.kim@....com>, Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	Linux-MM <linux-mm@...ck.org>, Andrey Konovalov <andreyknvl@...gle.com>,
	Will Deacon <will@...nel.org>, kasan-dev <kasan-dev@...glegroups.com>,
	Kees Cook <keescook@...gle.com>
Subject: Re: Kernel hardening project suggestion: Normalizing ->ctor slabs and
 TYPESAFE_BY_RCU slabs

KFENCE also has to ignore both TYPESAFE_BY_RCU and ctors.
For ctors it should be pretty straightforward to fix (and won't
require any changes to SL[AU]B). Not sure if your proposal for RCU
will also work for KFENCE.

Another beneficiary of RCU/ctor normalization would be
init_on_alloc/init_on_free, which also ignore such slabs.

--
Alexander Potapenko
Software Engineer

Google Germany GmbH
Erika-Mann-Straße, 33
80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg