Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 16:01:43 +0000
From: aconcernedfossdev@...mail.cc
To: Casey Schaufler <casey@...aufler-ca.com>
Cc: ubuntu-users@...ts.ubuntu.com, ubuntu-devel-discuss@...ts.ubuntu.com,
 kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Why does no one care that Brad Spengler of
 GRSecurity is blatantly violating the intention of the rightsholders to the
 Linux Kernel?

If Mr Spengler would like to market a non-re-distributable hardened
kernel, he can write his own kernel from scratch. Currently he is
marketing a non-redistributable derivative work of the Linux Kernel. He
prevents customers of his from redistributing the derivative work by
threatening a non-renewal of whatever contract exists between his
company and the customers. This scheme has been successful. That is
certainly the imposition of an additional term, which the Linux
licensing terms forbid, when he imposed that additional term on his
clients he violated the licensing terms and has no right to even modify
the linux kernel from that point forward.