Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 14:10:26 +0100
From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz@...il.com>
To: Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@...ove.sakura.ne.jp>
Cc: linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com,
	LSM List <linux-security-module@...r.kernel.org>, Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>,
	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>, Lafcadio Wluiki <wluikil@...il.com>,
	Dongsu Park <dongsu@...ocode.com>, Andy Lutomirski <luto@...nel.org>,
	James Morris <james.l.morris@...cle.com>, "Serge E. Hallyn" <serge@...lyn.com>,
	Alexander Viro <viro@...iv.linux.org.uk>, Daniel Mack <daniel@...que.org>, Jann Horn <jann@...jh.net>,
	Elena Reshetova <elena.reshetova@...el.com>
Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH 1/3] security: add the security_task_copy() hook

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Tetsuo Handa
<penguin-kernel@...ove.sakura.ne.jp> wrote:
> Djalal Harouni wrote:
>> To achieve the above we add the security_task_copy() hook that allows us
>> to clone the Timgad context of parent into child task_struct.
>>
>> The security hook can also be used by new LSMs after the child task has
>> done some initialization, this way they won't clash with the major LSMs.
>> The situation is not really well, this hook allows us to introduce a
>> stackable LSM that can be easily used with all other LSMs.
>
> We are already planning to revive security_task_alloc() hook (probably in Linux 4.12)
> ( news://news.gmane.org:119/201701101958.JAD43709.OtJSOQFVFOLHMF@...ove.SAKURA.ne.jp ).
> Is security_task_alloc() called too early for your case?
>
> (Well, we want to configure http archive like marc.info ?)

I found this marc.info
http://marc.info/?l=linux-security-module&m=129584883703846

Oups from 2011! your email pretty sum up all the approach that I took
:-) , and yes it was not that obvious... so I did it that way where
the data is kept in an external table. Also yes beside TOMOYO I also
need that hook for the various reasons that are listed in that thread.

Thanks!

--
tixxdz