Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 14:34:32 +0200
From: Colin Vidal <colin@...dal.org>
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: self introduction

Hi all,

My name is Colin Vidal. I am currently a PhD student in computer
science. My researches  consist on building a dedicated specific
language on top of JavaScript in order to handle asynchronous events in
a synchronous style. Hence, with a direct relation between the control
flow and the instruction flow.

Beside my researches, I am taking up the Eudyptula Challenge (task 15
submitted). It helps me to have a global view of the kernel
(organization, tree, some features), but it is not enough to get
involved in serious development. Therefore, I am looking for task I can
accomplish to be involved into real kernel development!

I still don't have yet a narrow idea about where I can begin. I like
though the idea of kernel self protection. For instance, I find the VM-
mapped stack to be really interesting, but I think it is an overkill as
a beginning, and a lot of work have already been done on it. On the
architecture point-of-view, I have a preference of x86 since I only
have this hardware for now, but I can work on ARM and others with QEMU
too.

Thanks,

Colin