Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 11:36:25 -0700
From: Alx JZX100 <alxjzx100@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Restoring VeraCrypt (TrueCrypt) password

Hi there!

I’m trying to restore forgotten VeraCrypt password with JtR but no luck.

So i decided to made a test. I created a new VeraCrypt volume (AES - SHA512) with password 12345, extract hashes with truecrypt2john.py script, provided with JtR. Then i created wordlist file with 3 passwords.

123
1234
12345

I using this command to start brute-forcing

./john --wordlist=truecrypt_wordlist2.txt testhashes123.txt

But no luck with this, even one of passwords is 100% right. What i am doing wrong?

LInk to container https://file.io/RkorWvWAQlZs <https://file.io/RkorWvWAQlZs> (10Mb)

password 12345