Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 15:20:02 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Way to create specific wordlist

Why not Download the SQLite database that has all the passwords in it
already?
And since it's just the uppercase alphabet letters, you can use
incremental=upper

I dumped the passes from their sql like this:
sqlite SELECT orig from "wifi"; >keys.txt

You could extract those, and create an INCREMENTAL mode based on them, as
the frequency that letters appear near each other might be optimized
better, but I'm not sure with a keyspace this small if it makes a real
difference. The length is 8 (min and max) it won't take long. Bue here is
how you could do this:
Use -make-charset
https://www.openwall.com/john/doc/EXAMPLES.shtml

sed 's/^/:/' < keys.txt >upcubee.pot

 ./john -pot=upcubee.pot -make-charset=upcubee.chr

Loaded 16777216 plaintexts

Generating charsets........................ DONE

Generating cracking order..---- Stable order (6 recalculations)

Successfully wrote charset file: upc.chr (26 characters)

The .chr file is much smaller than the 151Mb of the plaintext passwords
from that DB they provide.
Add that to your john.conf and then use the incremental mode on it.
[Incremental:upcubee]
File = $JOHN/upcubee.chr
MinLen = 8
CharCount=26