Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 02:21:14 -0600
From: Hustle Sec <hustlesec.info@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cygwin Compiling Error on Windows 10

Hello all,

I read through everything you all linked to and I was able to get it to
work by running:

git config --global auto.crlf false

This command must be ran before the git clone. After the clone is complete,
"auto.crlf" can be reset to "true", even before compiling, for anyone
concerned about changing global git settings.

I tried using "--local" in the above command to modify the local
.gitattributes file, but that didn't work. Also, I tried manually modifying
the local .gitattributes file using arguments from some of the provided
links and google, but I was unable to achieve success with that method.
Admittedly, a lot of that information was pretty over my head.

Big thank you to everyone that chimed in to help me solve this problem!

- HustleSec