Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 17:09:30 +0100
From: r.wiesbach@....de
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Subject: Re: dmg-opencl low performance/ low gpu utilisation

> Quite possibly you already have a suitable tool installed along with the
> AMD GPU driver you use.  You might want to look for an AMD Radeon
> specific section in your Control Panel.
In fact that is the case. The "AMD Radeon Software" has a 4th tab called
"Performance" (or similar, I dont use the English version) which shows
almost full utilization of both cards. Lesson learnt, do not trust
Windows Task Manager for GPGPU. However I learnt a lot useful details
from you on the way. Thank you again.
> Given these, I recommend that you specify explicit "-lws 64 -gws 73728"
> on the command-line.
Just for other readers: the = is missing there:

-lws*=*64 -gws*=*73728

it seems that I can also use the fixed parameters together with --restore, which is very nice. (At least john does not complain about option clash)