Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 18:15:57 +0100
From: Albert Veli <albert.veli@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Rules characters unicode support.

After the Crack Me If You Can 2015 contest the UTF-8 support was
improved in john. But there could still be bugs. In mask mode you can
catch UTF-8 / Unicode characters with ?b?b (0x01-0xff). There is also
the ?L and ?U masks. Don't know exactly what characters they catch.
The documentation says lower-case non-ASCII letters and upper-case
non-ASCII letters. See the doc/MASK file in the source code.