Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 15:23:11 +0100
From: James Haigh <jameshaigh99+forensics@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Fwd: John not detecting AMD OpenCL devices on Ubuntu 20

Hi All,

Hoping someone might be able to help with this. Bit of a Linux amateur here
but I've set myself up a new Ubuntu install and want to get John working on
it with my AMD CPU (Ryzen 5) and GPU (RX570). Both devices support OpenCL
and after a lot of hassle I got them both installed within the default
directory at */opt/* (pastebin <https://pastebin.com/WzdAy2b8>).

When I run the *./configure* script in John's */src/* folder, it runs
through all the checks and outputs the list of optional features in which
OpenCL is not enabled (pastebin <https://pastebin.com/APJUsvtP>). Both
*Hashcat* and *clinfo* detect both of the devices (pastebin
<https://pastebin.com/U158kBTr>), but John simply will not.

I've tried setting the 'ATISTREAMSDKROOT' environment variable, providing
LD & CFLAGS to the configure script, reinstallation of my openCL packages
(plus several hours of Googling/hoping SUDO might fix things) but nothing
has worked as of yet.

Any suggestions on how I can get John to recognise my OpenCL configuration?
Cheers,

James Haigh