Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 13:28:15 +0100
From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@...tomas.sk>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: how to perform dictionary "subtraction"

On 12.02.20 10:27, Johny Krekan wrote:
>Hello, could you recommend any script or software which is able to
>"subtract" two wordlists? To make thing
>
>what I need to do more clean:
>Imagine you have two sorted wordlists:
>one which is smaller and contains for example 5 words for example:
>address
>book
>is
>important
>useful
>and one larger which contains 10 words. Problem is: how Could I
>filther this larger wordlist to  create 3th
>
>wordlist which does not contain any word from the smaller one?

you can try either "comm -23 wordlist-big wordlist-small"
or "join -v1  wordlist-big wordlist-small"

...provided you use unix-like system.

however this is not question related to JTR...

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@...tomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
- Have you got anything without Spam in it?