Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 10:54:43 -0300
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: opencl not finds the password. In CPU it founds.

Sorry, I refuse to use ML. So this message not a proper ML answer.

> You want to know what I was told when I reported the same problem with
wpapsk? Use Windows and to stop looking for bugs.

I guess this is  me. Excuse me. I've seen a lot of complaints on GitHub
from people who couldn't install the GPU driver or the OpenCL SDK, or both.

- if I'm 100% sure you do not have the OpenCL SDK + GPU drivers I can't
talk about JtR bugs. JtR OpenCL _IS NOT GOING TO WORK_. It is IMPOSSIBLE.

- JtR needs/requires a working OpenCL installation. In linux terms (and
tools) I mean:

```

$ sudo apt-get install clinfo

[...]

$ clinfo
Number of platforms                               0
```

After running the commands above, I'm SURE OpenCL is not working properly.
So, JtR OpenCL stuff is not going to work in my computer.

Please, don't get me wrong. JtR have bugs. Sure.

But that was not a JtR bug.