Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 21:11:39 +0000
From: Jacoby Veach <Jacoby@...werdirect.net>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: GPUs not working

I'm trying to get OpenCL to work with JTR, but it's not. When I run "-list=opencl=devices" it shows all 3 graphics cards.

When I run "-test -format=ZIP-opencl" it ends with this error:

1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of ".\OCL11012T3.cl".
Compilation terminated.
Frontend phase failed compilation.

Error building kernel /run/kernels/zip_kernel.cl. DEVICE_INFO=138
0: OpenCL CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE (-11) error in opencl_common.c:1386 - clBuildProgram

Other information:
Windows 7 x64 bit
Video cards are: AMD Radeon HD 7700 with updated drivers
This rig works with Hascat with no issues, but Hashcat has a problem with Zip2 hashes so it's JTR or bust for me.
I have worked through this thread: https://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2019/03/25/11 as best i can, but still couldn't get JTR to use the GPU

Any advice?

Thank you