Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 16:50:11 -0400
From: Matt Weir <cweir@...edu>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Using cracked non-ascii passwords in a wordlist

I'm sure there are better options, but if you are using the bleeding-jumbo
version of JtR:  https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper

You can use JtR's '--loopback' option combined with '--stdout' and
'--rules=none' to pipe the results to a file. This strips the hash info
from the raw .pot files, and does deduplication so you don't end up with a
million entries of '123456'.

Example below to put everything into a file called 'new_wordlist.txt'
(Note, I'm not at my computer so there may be a typo):

./john --loopback --stdout --rules=none > new_wordlist.txt

I'm not sure if '--loopback' has been added to the official 1.9.0-jumbo-1
version JtR, and I'm pretty sure it's not in core. So if you have an error
and are not using magnumripper's version above that's probably the cause.

Also, if you don't want to create a new wordlist, you can use the
'loopback' option to generate guesses directly from a .pot file. It works
like a normal '--wordlist' option and you can apply other mangling rules to
it. That's why I included the '--rules=none' option above, so that way you
don't apply any rules when creating a 'clean' wordlist from your previous
cracks.

Cheers,
Matt