Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 02:05:43 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Unable to use OpenCL on arm64v8/debian stretch

On 2019-06-14 17:11, billwhittaker@...e-mail.net wrote:
>>> ../run/john --test --format=wpapsk-opencl
>>> Device 1@...i: Mali-T860
>>> Benchmarking: wpapsk-opencl, WPA/WPA2/PMF/PMKID PSK [PBKDF2-SHA1 OpenCL]... 0: OpenCL CL_INVALID_PROGRAM_EXECUTABLE (-45) error in opencl_wpapsk_fmt_plug.c:270 - Error creating kernel
>>
>> Line 270 points at the run-time GPU build of WPA2/802.11w final kernel.
>> Before this error, your system successfully built six other WPA kernels,
>
> What do you mean by "your system successfully built six other WPA kernels" and how do know?
> How can I revert to an earlier kernel?
> Where does the kernel reside?
> I ask the last question b/c perhaps I can retrieve/derive it from my Rock64's packages (where pocl functions for the CPU).

I simply looked at the code. At line 270, we're building the last kernel
of 7 IIRC. There's 3-4 different code paths depending on what hashes are
attacked.

Since it failed there, it must have completed the six kernels prior to
that one. Had your GPU been of more help, we could probably find out a
way to avoid building that failing one in case you actually don't need it.

magnum