Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 08:00:39 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: PKZip ZipCrypto password hashes not found

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 6:54 AM Rafael Carnicer Torres <
rafaelcarnicer@...il.com> wrote:

> Hello ,
> Are you try to write:
> #./ john --wordlist=/usr/share/wordlists/diccionario.txt
> /routetoyourfile/yourHashfile
>
> Regards
>
> El sáb., 11 may. 2019 12:19, Zoodiac Molmorat <zoodiacmolmorat@...il.com>
> escribió:
>
> > Would it help if I attached the zip file or pasted the entire hash? It's
> > nothing I need to keep private.
> >
> > On Saturday, May 11, 2019, Zoodiac Molmorat <zoodiacmolmorat@...il.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > I'm completely new to this scene and am trying to find the password of
> > > zip archive that I have forgotten. It seems to be encrypted to
> ZipCrypto.
> > >
> > > Running zip2john is successful which gives me a really long pkzip hash,
> > > but when I try to run John on it (using my own wordlist of all the
> > numbers
> > > from 000000 to 999999 as i know the password is a 6 digit number) I get
> > > given a no password hashes loaded error.
> > >
> > > Looking at previous messages it recommends updating to 1.8.0.13 which i
> > > already have but it hasn't solved the issue. I'm on Windows, if it
> helps
> > >
> > > Hopefully you guys know the problem

You should try all digits then: john.exe -i=digits path_to_hash_file.txt
-min-len=4 -max-len=10
You can use mask mode as well, but I think Incremental may guess it faster.
Adjust min/max to suite your needs, the closer you get those to the real
length the faster it will find it. Even so digits are guessed very quickly
compared to mixing in words/specials etc...
-rich