Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 18:56:25 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: alexandre_drake@...oo.com.br
Cc: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Break a virtual drive

Hi all,

While I'm happy that Dhiru's work might help Alexandre gain access to
this locked drive, this has nothing to do with JtR since there's no
password cracking involved - rather, there's a tool by Dhiru to reset
the password.  Thus, I think we should in fact end this thread here.
Dhiru, I expect you will reply to Alexandre off-list.

A general question we may discuss is whether we should possibly bundle
password reset tools and such along wth JtR (and then their discussion
would become on-topic here), or keep JtR as a password cracker only.

Thanks,

Alexander