Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 01:28:13 +0100
From: Eric Watson <ea-watson@...ginmedia.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: john --make-charset=custom.chr: Can't get the hang
 of using it. :-(

I am struggling with making a suitable mask having tried numerous attempts.

I am trying to achieve:

./john --mask'[*!][Ff]irrstword followed by a known number such as 11334
but could also be 43311 followed by [*!][Ss]econdword followed by 11334
or 43311' passwd

The number digits would not change and would always be in the same order
following the first and second word so could be treated as a "word".

The firstwordnumber and secondwordnumber could also be reversed ie.

./john --mask'[*!][Ss]econdword followed by 11334 or 43311
[*!][Ff]irrstword followed by 11334 or 43311' passwd

I assume this would need two passes, one for each combination?

Can you assist please?

Eric